People Inc., a leading Western New York Human Service Agency dedicated to providing services and
programs to people with disabilities is seeking an Associate Vice President ‐ Health Related Services, for
their Business Office. The AVP will be responsible for the oversight of the financial activities for the
Health Related Services programs of People Inc. This includes responsibility for the identification &
implementation of health related initiatives working closely with the responsible Senior Vice Presidents.
Reporting to the CFO, the AVP will also be responsible for assisting in implementation of the financial
piece of the Managed Care Model.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and have a demonstrated passion for the mission of People
Inc., which is to offer assistance to individuals with disabling conditions or other special needs, and
provide the support they need to participate and succeed in an accepting society. Through collaboration
the agency seeks to empower individuals to become full and active members of their community and to
make decisions affecting how they choose to live their lives. The successful candidate will have a strong
business background, leadership expertise, and an understanding of Medicaid and Managed Care
models. Required competencies include: financial acumen, leadership ability, relationship building skills,
teamwork and cooperation, a visionary outlook, decision making skills, communication and
interpersonal skills, and the ability to flex and adapt to changing conditions.
• Review the activities of the Billing and Cash Receipts departments for the Health Related
• Supervision of the Accounting Director and staff for the Health Related Services programs.
• Ensure that financial analysis, feedback, and forecasting for grant proposals is provided as well
as financial reports per federal government requirements.
• Oversight and review of the preparation of annual budgets and external audits for the Health
Related Services programs.
• Review the completed Certified Home Health Annual Medicaid cost report, Licensed Erie and
Niagara Counties Annual cost reports, the Certified Home Health Annual Medicare cost report, and the
DOH Article 28 Annual cost report.
• Research financial feasibility of adding services and/or providers to Sr. Management.
• Point person for management, billing, compliance, staff, and provider meetings.
• Monitor the HPN website for pertinent DOH information related to rate setting, retroactive
adjustments, and cost report information. Remain aware of all developments in the field.
• Maintain relationship with regulatory agencies such as NYS Medicaid, DOH, OPWDD, and the
Bureau of Primary and Acute Care Reimbursement agencies.
• Special projects as assigned.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Health Care Management and ten years of related
accounting and healthcare experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is
required. An MBA is preferred. Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office for
Windows is also required. Qualified candidates may apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to
MaryEllen Carlo of Career Partners International Buffalo | Niagara at [email protected]